Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Progress

Saturday I started hand piecing border #1 and I think I have made great progress. This is my evening sewing as I relax in front of the tv. I try not to push myself too hard and when my hands get tired I stop stitching.   



I also spent some time cutting out and sewing some more hourglass blocks. My post last week had me at 636 hourglass blocks and I need close to 850 I think the exact number is 840something.  I figure a few extras in case my count is off or a block won't work for some reason, is not a bad idea.  I've started thinking about how I will stitch all those little 3 1/2 inches blocks together. Do you do sections, or are you a row by row person?  Here's a few of the 43 I completed so far this week. That brings me to 679, I am hoping I can reach 700 by the weekend.




10 comments:

  1. Your hand pieced border is looking wonderful! And did you make the quilt on the wall I can just see a glimpse of? It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yes I did make the quilt on the wall too! If you go to the Baltimore Garden link at the top of the blog the posts I posted about making it will come up. Thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. looking pretty! I didn't get in any stitching yesterday but got my blogging on the road caught up instead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, vacations are all about doing what you want to do when you want to. I have been plugging away not a fast clip but plugging away at my projects

      Delete
  3. The border looks fantastic! Perfectly sets off your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are coming along well, I thought they would take much longer. But they are fun to stitch

      Delete
  4. WOW! I didn't realize your little HSTs were so small. They look big in the pictures. You are moving right along. Way to go! I'm a row by row person. And I rotate hand work projects like hand quilting, EPP, crochet, embroidery so my fingers/hands/arms/shoulders don't suffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are pretty small. But the are fun to make. I like to rotate my projects too, too much of anything is hard on my old bones. I don't crochet or knit anymore but I am thinking about doing a little cross stitch and embroidery.

      Delete
  5. I'm typically a row by row person, though in this instance I think I would set them together in larger blocks. It's looking beautiful so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was thinking the same thing I think I will make up some larger blocks or sections and then sew them in to the top. I can't wait to start mixing up all the hourglass units and get them laid out. But, I need to get them all made first!

      Delete