Saturday, September 1, 2018

Lots of stars in my future!

I finished assembling my Texas Star quilt on Wednesday.  I still need to trim up the edges before basting.  That will happen as soon as I get some fabric for the backing.   Texas Star will be the first quilt to go in the hoop this fall.



Since she is a baby quilt only measuring 46x58 it shouldn't take too long to quilt.  The star quilt pictured below will be the next candidate.   It would be great if I can get them both quilted before winter ends.


In the meantime, I will continue to work on my hourglass blocks and think about how I will quilt these two quilts.  I am really excited thinking about having a finish again, it has been a while.

8 comments:

  1. the stars look wonderful- you did have a little break from quilting when you moved to Texas didn't you - you must have needed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, A lot goes on when you move and then Tom retired and that was an adjustment. I seem to be on a roll for now. I spend a lot of time on each quilt so I need to hop to it if I want to finish them in my lifetime.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilts in your quilting line up! Looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, I can't wait for cooler weather so that I can cozy up under these!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! I have always loved star quilt so I am glad to have these two to finish up

      Delete
  4. Both of your quilts are lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing how you decide to quilt the Texas Star--I need to quilt mine and can't decide what I will do!

    ReplyDelete