Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Midweek progress

I thought to myself yesterday, tomorrow is hump day and what do I have to show for it!  I did finish hand piecing my three zig-zag borders to my Texas Star quilt on Sunday.  I am in the midst of wondering how to handle the fourth side.  I have what I think I want to do in my head, now to just find the time to move forward and make it happen.

I'm not one to hurry thru a quilt, but I have been on such a roll lately it seemed that this week I haven't even given them a thought.  So this morning I woke up early, Max decided to sleep with us last night, and he was hogging my side of the bed. Once I am awake, I usually get up as falling back to sleep never seems to happen.   So, after morning coffee, off I  headed to the sewing room and stitched some of the hourglass blocks I had cut Tuesday evening.  I was able to get 30 more stitched, pressed and trimmed.  Now that was fun!  I am planning on spending a few more hours tomorrow. Do you ever get that feeling you just need to hide out and play?




7 comments:

  1. I tend to hide out and play more than I do work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I spend too much time straightening but I can't seem to get things done if all my ducks are not in a row.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes. I need some of that play time right now! Your progress is amazing! Loved seeing this quilt today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how the quilt is going , glad I was actually able to check in today with real wifi - not just from my phone LOL - I have been going through withdrawal not being able to read blogs every day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know the feeling! Being out west is like going back in time. But the beauty is well worth it!

      Delete
  4. Hola! I've been following your weblog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and
    give you a shout out from Humble Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete