Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Nature is so inspiring!

This weekend we went on a hike at the Fort Worth Nature Center. I had it in my head to spend the day stitching, but I am glad Tom suggested the hike. We took Max even though he turns 15 this year and doesn't take very long walks anymore. But, as soon as we lifted him out of the back seat he was ready to go.  When we lived in Arkansas there were so many trees that summer hikes were doable and there are plenty of places to hike. But here in Texas, although we are on the outskirts of town there just aren't as many places to hike. 


Max along the trail, his sight is limited, but still gets along quite well.








 Funny how we quilters can find inspiration even out in nature! Aren't those little balls in the above picture just awesome?



I had to get a closeup of this leaf. The white flowers were pretty to see but the veins in this leaf were terrific. We have had a very dry summer so seeing the blooms and greenery were spectacular.


We don't have a lot of large trees here either and seeing this magnificent canopy of the mighty oak was spectacular!


 They also have a few buffalo. They are so majestic!  Max was such a trooper. I know he walked over a half mile.  I am so glad we went and brought Max along. We have logged many a mile together!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post of nature ... I would have been planning to stitch too... good thing we have our honeys and our pups to pull us away occasionally :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is very good to get away! We saw a large crawdad poking out of his hole. I tried to get a pic but my photography skills are not that great and neither is my camera. He had his claws up warning me not to get to close!

    ReplyDelete