Sunday, August 19, 2018

Unusual start to my Sunday

I love getting up on Sunday mornings and starting my day by enjoying my coffee/breakfast and then settling down to some slow stitching.  Starting my day by stitching really helps me relax.  But this Sunday, I am not at home as we have been house/dog sitting my son's place.  He lives in such a gorgeous area so I decided this am I would take a walk on the trail after breakfast.






42 acre ranch in the middle of the suburbs only in Texas!


Isn't it so pretty and I must say it was relaxing. Although a turtle out sunning himself jumped into the water when he heard me coming which was a bit startling. However the humidity this morning was high, we finally got some much-needed rain.  I was hoping I could sit outside and stitch but that wasn't happening.  Instead, I did take a dip in the pool!

 
 Now that's refreshing!  Even Max enjoyed floating in the pool.  He has never liked water but for some reason, he does enjoy floating on his own little island.  I have a feeling its just comfortable and his old bones love laying on anything that doesn't put pressure on those old joints.


 So instead of starting my day stitching, I think I will end my day stitching. Hope you found some time today to slow stitch. I am linking to Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday to see what others have been slow stitching today!




12 comments:

  1. Any time of day is a good time to stitch. Glad you were able to have a lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome place to take a nice walk. I got a walk in today, but certainly have the views you did, or a pool to cool off in afterwards. Have a wonderful week and enjoy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this neighborhood is absolutely gorgeous! So peacefull and serene and the pool has been great!

      Delete
  3. what a neat place - and yes only in Texas huh - looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a huge ranch and worth millions infact it's been on the market for over a year so now they are going to rezone it. They do things big in Texas!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely house sitting/stacation for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband used to fly on business so an 8 hour trip to Hawaii was not something he wanted to do. But, we had a very relaxing time here for sure. Our dog and their dog are both very old and just want to lay around which was perfect and relaxing.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your vacation of sorts... I love your pics and your stitching pics too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been an enjoyable week here. Mr Max enjoyed time with Sidney they are both old so got along fine. I was able to stitch now and then without feeling like I needed to do chores around the house. They have a lawn service and maids that come in to take care of that. So, we ate out a bit and enjoyed the relaxing surroundings. LOL

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place to live. I wonder how peaceful I would feel if I lived there?!?!
    Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching in this heavenly place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I throughly enjoyed my week. So peaceful, but it is Texas so it was too warm to sit outside and stitch as the humidity was high with the recent rains. My son only lives 10 miles for me so I think once fall arrives I need to go back and stitch by the pool one afternoon.

      Delete