Sunday, August 12, 2018

More stars!

I spent a little time yesterday cutting out more of the alternate hexagon blocks that link my Texas stars together.  More progress could have been made but I kept running out of hexagons in the evening when I do my hand piecing.  I am so glad to have that remedied. I have five rows of stars completed and will be working on row 6 today.  I will be house sitting my son's house next week and I think it might be the perfect time to really make some great progress on this quilt.



If you read my blog you know I have been in a quandary about a  border. It doesn't help that I am not a big fan of borders so another decision has been made.  No border and more stars to make this the quilt the size I want.  I am enjoying this journey so much already, I am looking ahead to start another hand piecing project once this one is complete.  I don't know why but sewing dot to dot and then turning over the top at the end of an evening and seeing a quilt top get larger and larger is so much fun!  Of course, pretty fabrics and spectacular colors help a lot too!

14 comments:

  1. It is fun to see the progress each night! Love your stars and it will be a great travel/house sitting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! These stars have been on my bucket list for a long time, so it is especially nice to finally be working on this one.

      Delete
  2. a lot of times I will just forgo a border and make more blocks - or more stars! Glad to see you back to blogging more again- always love to see what you are working on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I am glad to be documenting my journey also. It helps me take the time for me, which we all need.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful quilt you are working on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Borders aren't my favorite, either. I don't know why! Your Texas stars are *wonderful*!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun—and a perfect house-sitting project. I’m not a fan of borders, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yes, glad that I will be able to bring some stitching along

      Delete
  6. Another beauty! I'm usually borderless too. I can never think of how to border plus I really don't have that many larger pieces of fabric. And I like piecing anyway.

    So is this all paper pieced or hand stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... that is going to be one fabulous quilt.

    (Did I already say that?)

    ReplyDelete