Thursday, August 23, 2018

It's a star-a-thon

I sat at the table Monday morning and cut out more stars to hand piece this week.  It's so much fun to pick out a color/fabric to make the next star.  I think I may be getting close to having enough to call this quilt finished.  But then I could make it a bit bigger.  For now, I need to start adding these stars to the quilt.  Lots of hand piecing, following the drawn line from point to point.  You would think sewing a straight line would be easy but it's so easy to wander and these seams need to be somewhat straight!



I apologize for the bad photography, but they do look better assembled.

Now, to start adding these to the quilt alternating with the cream hexagons as I go.  Just from laying out what I have I think I am very close to having enough!  But for now, I will just keep piecing and then lay it out once again to decide how many more it needs to be the size I want!

6 comments:

  1. love your stars - I always found that when I hand pieced and drew my lines on that I still couldn't sew a straight line LOL - I guess that is why I turned to EPP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will admit I'm far from perfect but it does keep me fairly close. Made some granola today and it turned out great and so easy. Thanks qgain

      Delete
  2. These are just so lovely; and to alternate them with cream will really make them sparkle i think. Looking forward to seeing this come together...hugs, Julierose (and as for straight lines? Not many of those in my life ;000)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty stars! Love how you decided to lay them out.

    ReplyDelete