Sunday, July 8, 2018

Texas Stars

Even though it's been another very hot week here in Texas, I was able to sit and handpiece more Texas Stars.  They are a real joy to stitch and my garden of stars seems to be growing quite quickly.  I remember when I first tried to handpiece, it was a bit of a catastrophe.  But, my determination got me thru and I am so blessed to now enjoy some slow stitching. It seems to be my favorite kind of stitching, but then it always has been. Handquilting always happens in the cooler months but hand piecing is quite comfortable during the warmer months.


We will hit the road in the am to visit family in Illinois.  Not sure if I will get much stitching in, but I have kitted up a few star parts just in case.  The fabric has arrived for the medallion block so I will be looking forward to starting it when I get home. Also,  I need to decide whether to make more hourglass blocks or whether 400 will be enough?  Always lots of decisions when it comes to quilt making! Hope you are enjoying some slow stitches today.

14 comments:

  1. Pretty blocks, nice to slow stitch these beautiful flowers! Enjoy your family time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do lots of stitching in the car but I know that some people can’t. Your star collection is growing! Have a fun time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed 3 before we reached Illinois. Had to pace myself since I only had ten in the box. Worked pretty well with my scissors and spool on the door handle and my pin cushion on my file folder with sand paper glued on it on my lap Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your visit and your stitching. You have finished an awful lot of pretty stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My you are a busy stitcher, these are so pretty.
    Have a sweet trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stars! Great to have some pieces ready to stitch if time allows!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back sharing. Love seeing all the linked up slow stitchers progress weekly

      Delete
  6. I have often thought I would like to do some of the Texas Stars. Never have. They are so fitting for you to do. I haven't hand pieced in quite a while but I have found it relaxing in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my bucket list for years and especially now living in Texas.

      Delete