Sunday, July 29, 2018

Texas Star Progress

It's been a busy week here in my sewing room.  Most of my time was spent behind the iron and my sewing machine.  I wanted to finish my compass block for my medallion quilt, but I didn't quite make it. I was able to get all the parts sewn but I still need to finish the assembling.  Friday, I sewed the first quarter of it together.  I hope to get back to it Monday, and at least get the inner circle completed. Then it will be appliqued to a background square so it can go into my Hourglass Medallion quilt.


I have continued stitching some of my  Texas Stars together with a hexagon shape as the alternate block.  I like the way it is coming together. I am starting to ponder a border for this quilt.  Any suggestions?  Not much on Pinterest and maybe it will end up like a lot of my quilts with no border.  Time will tell!


Linking up with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday to see that others are slow stitching!  Kathy recommends doing some outdoor stitching today, but it's already 82 this am and the sun hasn't come up yet. So, this gal will enjoy some indoor stitches hoping the cold front brings us some relief and some much needed rain tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Your two WIP are gorgeous! Love your fabric choices. As for a border I'm in favour of adding one. The hexie quilt I made I added fill ins and straightend the edge but I will leave my next one (yes there is another EPP in progress) with a shaped border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your compass looks lovely. It also looks very challenging but when broken down as you've done in your day to day posts, it just comes together! The Texas stars are so cute. It's your call, border or not, whatever, however you desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes step by step it goes together quite well. It does take a lot of time but I think it will look great on the quilt

      Delete
  3. Wow, that medallion is looking great and love the stars. For a border... take a peek at Kim Diehl's sight/books. She always has some fun borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your compass block is gorgeous. Also the Texas stars quilt is very beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It's fun to push the limits and see what we can come up with. I'm excited about putting the medallion quilt together.

      Delete
  5. Ohmygosh--your compass is stunningly beautiful--what a piece of work you've done...
    and your Texas stars are coming along, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am glad I pulled some color into the spokes I'm getting a bit excited about laying this one out and getting it pieced together

      Delete
  6. You have done a beautiful job on both pieces! I am impressed with your medallion. What a lovely center! Lots of detailed work there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your compass block is going to be a dazzler. Nice fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad I enterd some color to it! It hopefully will be a dazzler when the scrappy hour glass blocks surround it!

      Delete
  8. It looks like a busy day in your sewing room dear Carla! I love that medallion center progress and those sweet hand pieced texas stars just pull me in too! How big will the Texas stars with the delightful cheddar centers be before pondering a border... do you have an idea yet? Kathi

    ReplyDelete