Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 2 of the Medallion Block

Not sure how many hours I spent in the quilting room but I did complete all sixteen pieces of Pattern A.  All in all, it went quite well. The only mishap was when I decided instead of pulling out the stables I used to hold the pattern piece to the freezer paper I would trim off the excess freezer paper and staples with my scissors.  Well, I didn't realize I had picked up two pieces instead of one and I trimmed thru the second one right thru the part that I needed.  Don't you hate when that happens.  But, instead of making the two new freezer paper patterns I decided to remove the freezer paper from two that were completed and reuse them.  It's a good thing that freezer paper can be used more than once. LOL

Close up of one Pattern A

There is a lot of work going into this block, but I think it's going to be worth the effort.  Nothing about it seems very hard, it's just staying organized and carefully stitching and pressing and trimming. So here are the first sixteen pieces layed out in a circle.  The rest of the day will be spent stitching thru the pattern on Piece B and Piece C to transfer the stitching lines to the freezer paper.  I only need 8 of each of these.
16 of Pattern Piece A



7 comments:

  1. you are busy and back to blogging too it seems - it is nice to see you back Carla - did you post a photo of the pattern you are using - I must have missed it if you did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen yeah I have had the urge lately so I am going with it. No I didn't post a pic as I don't have one just the paper pieced foundation patterns, so I guess you will have to wait to see the final block.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! You sure off to a running start. And I thought I was the only one that had ooopsies like that! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no your not alone. If I can oopsie I do! LOL Let's hope the rest of it goes as well.

      Delete
  3. Your segments remind me of men's ties shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very interesting. I love all the things you share and see your beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing with everyone.
    เอเชีย

    ReplyDelete