Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hand Quilting

I finished up hand stitching the sashings and corner triangles to my Hand Pieced QAL quilt and decided to get it sandwiched and quilted.  I am not sure what took over in me, maybe it was being a way from sewing for a week on our get a way or just wanting to see this project completely finished.
I have to say I spent quite a few hours stitching this week and only have one corner triangle to complete.  I probably would have finished it Saturday but all of my stitching was interrupted by having to babysit my grand dog Zoey.



Her first ride in a shopping cart, she did surprisingly well!


She's a puppy so she commands quite a bit of attention, but she seems to love quilts and has adopted this one has her perch.  So hopefully, during her naps today, I can add a few more stitches to bring me closer to this finish.

I have started the final corner and am using a basket weave pattern. Something I have never used as a background filler but have wanted to use.  It was very easy to mark just using a ruler.  Hopefully a blog post will follow soon about this finished project. It has been a whole lot of fun!

8 comments:

  1. the basket weave sounds really interesting and looks great - I don't think I have ever used that one but maybe one similar. We will have a dog in our house next weekend - I am wondering what will need to be put away - no longer a pup so maybe nothing but she is a big dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Zoey finds everylittle thing and scoops it up with her mouth. So walks were kind of scary as she was picking up acorns and I am not sure they would be too good for her. She soon learned when I said no better put it down. LOL This is a simple basket weave I found in a Jeanna Kimball book.

      Delete
  2. What a cute grand-puppy! Your basket weave quilting sounds perfect for those big triangles. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I finished the stitching and Zoey goes home tonight so I hope to get the binding on tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing your basket weave and would love more info on how you make this and what the full corner looks like done... my basket weave template stencil is bowed to one side then another ... yours is straight... I like you can make it with a ruler... I sold my stencil as I found it intimidating and never used it... it was also very floppy to try to use... I love basket weave looks for background fill so I hope with the finished quilt post you can share more about your methods of achieving it too....
    Your grandpup is a cutie ... glad he did well in the store too! Happy stitching when you aren't being pulled into play time :D
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoey is adorable and obviously a puppy with excellent taste, choosing to lay on pretty quilts. I am loving your basket weave quilting....it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she is a sweetie. I need to go visit her as she went home Monday. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete