Sunday, March 3, 2019

Slow Stitching

I feel I made good progress this week. Another hand pieced block was completed for the sew a long.  It seems like the sew along just got started and here we are on block 6. There are only three more weeks and all of the nine blocks will be completed.


I laid all my blocks out on the solid gray background I intend on using and am very pleased at how it's helping the colors pop.

Every evening I stitch a few more hst's for a future quilt.  I try and limit myself to stitching around 20 each evening.  I don't want to stress my hands and want to be able to do this kind of stitching in the future.  It's amazing how quickly they are adding up 220 on my last count.  I like keeping track of how many I have made so when it comes time to figuring out my layout I will know where I stand.


I am linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday so I can be inspired with all the other slow stitchers and their projects. 

4 comments:

  1. Your hand pieced blocks look wonderful! It's inspiring me to get going on mine to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks and love your sashing choice too :)

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look bright and cheery on the gray background.

    ReplyDelete