Saturday, March 23, 2019

Block #9 of QAL


I finished the final block of the Hand Pieced QAL this week.  I have to say this had been a fun and I have gained confidence as I pieced each block.  It may not be something everyone enjoys, but I really like how each piece fits together and the final results.  I am rearranging the block arrangement to make my final block the center of the nine blocks.  I have added sashing and some setting triangles.  When it's completed it will be a table topper.


I can't wait to see what some hand quilted stitches will add to this project.

6 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors you are using. And yes if a person isn't in a rush they should give hand piecing (and hand quilting) a try it really is rewarding and nice to not have the sound of the machine all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice selection of solids for the blocks. Are you using one brand of solid or a mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Carla! You did a wonderful job. I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really pretty, Carla, and your hand quilting is going to really make it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Thanks for linking up to the Hand Pieced QAL!

    ReplyDelete