Sunday, March 29, 2020

More progress on my 12 Santa Journey!

I have read several blogs this week where the author has mentioned that they are so glad they are crafty and have supplies on hand while we are hunkering down during the pandemic.  I have to agree, I am thankful to have my stitching.  I spent a lot less time listening to the news and more time stitching and getting outdoor for my fresh air and exercise.  It's been a much more pleasant week for me.  I am glad that others in my neighborhood are doing the same thing and I hear a lot of commenting how wonderful it is to actual see our neighbors. I myself have met several neighbors that I normally never see.  I spent most of my time this week crossstitching since my iron died.  I had plans to work on piecing the rest of my Cheddarback quilt blocks.  I ordered a new iron from Amazon and they said estimated delivery would be April 18th.  Oh my, but to my surprise I was informed that it shipped this am and will arrive Monday.  So with all that stitching time, I finished Santa #4.

As soon as he was finished, I pulled out the chart for Santa #5.  I have stitched the border and now I am starting on Santa.  Sorry the poor lighting really throws off the actual colors.  Hope that everyone else is settling in to our new temporary norm.  Hopefully, it will pay off and we can start heading back to the real normal!




13 comments:

  1. I'm trying to spend less time on the news too - I know everything is horrible and so I am not checking it constantly. Trying to concentrate on other things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes more bad news yesterday as it looks like another month of this. I am not complaining, I just hope all can do what they can to help and that the healthcare sysytem and workers can endure all of this. Heading to the sewing room today to do some machine work to occupy my mind.

      Delete
  2. Santa's looking good! Keep on stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that your iron will arrive before April 18th! I cannot imagine quilting or sewing without an iron; a most essential piece of equipment. Your Santa looks fabulous. He will look that little bit more perkier when he is pressed. =) I look forward to visiting you and seeing the progress of Santa #5. How lovely you are getting to see your neighbours. A most positive thing during these troubled times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes my iron actually arrived yesterday! Yes definitely an essential tool when it comes to quilting. Yes pressing really helps and I need to start thinking about how to finish these Santas.

      Delete
  4. Your Santas are so festive! I'm always glad to have some handwork as a back up if I can't get to the sewing machine. Sounds good to have your new iron sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I have enough dmc for now, but if this pandemic lasts much longer I most likely will run out. Maybe I will be able to get more. But I do have the Crabapple alphabet embroidery piece that I could start as I do have a bag of embroidery floss that I could use on it. My iron came yesterday so today I will be working on my Cheddarback quilt blocks. I see a top coming together soon!

      Delete
  5. So cute! Hey, and its not even April yet. At this rate you'll surly be done by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am hoping and I still need to do something with them to finish them off

      Delete
  6. Evertything that I have ordered online the last couple weeks has come fast. I have been quite surprised over that. I ordered something from Australia and am wondering how long that will take since not many overseas flights coming into the USA are happening. I have a second iron so could manage to wait if necessary. Do you have one of those small irons that people take to retreats, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing #4 santa and starting #5... I really like that border on #5 :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete