Sunday, March 8, 2020

Santa #3 progress

It was a busy week here. Tom and I finished our fence replacement project on Friday!  I am pleased with how it turned out and am so glad everything is complete including the painting.  But of course, all that time outdoor time didn't leave much time to do some stitching.  But Santa #3 is coming along.



I need to finish stitching the background of his coat and then add a pineapple and two more pieces of fruit to the bottom corners, and yes he needs his boots. Not sure I can get all of that completed  today, but I should make some good progress.  I decided to try stitching in hand without a hoop on the background of Santa's coat.  I felt really good in my hand, but I am not as pleased with my stitches so some frogging happened. 

I have a feeling I won't get all my projects finished for March.  However I did make the 12 inch block for Cheddarback and printed out the March patterns for the Linen and Threads SAL and the mystery quilt.  There is still plenty of days in March, but sometimes the nicer weather calls me outside and we have family visiting the last week in March.  But, it's not a race and I really don't have deadlines on these projects so it is what it is. But, it makes me happy to know there is plenty of slow stitching that needs to happen to finish these projects.

12 comments:

  1. What a cool Santa #3 is !!!! As for all there is to do.. when spring and warmer sunny weather hits me ... I won't have much on my to do list either that doesn't involve being outside after this crazy weather this winter!!! Take care and have a great week Carla! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to have some outside time, so the stitching may be slowed but it's still there when I need a fix.

      Delete
  2. your Santa is wonderful. Sometimes outside work (or house cleaning) has to take priority and we feel like we get nothing done inside - I'm glad you had time to hand stitch at least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the change of pace and with warmer weather I can stitch on the screened in porch.

      Delete
  3. Santa is coming along and looks wonderful! I need to get outside and get weeding when it warms up again. It was 75 last week, and I didn't do it then, now it is back to 59 and too cold for me to work out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to put on shorts however tomorrow is suppose to get 80 degrees. I think I will take some time to stitch out on the porch and enjoy the nice weather.

      Delete
  4. Your Santa is looking mighty fine. There is always so much pretty details in your Santa designs. Enjoy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design of this Santa's coat. I am very impressed that you tackled a fence project. Wow. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We worked on it in stages and for much shorter periods of time from when we were younger. I am so glad it is finished and that we had a sprayer to get the painting done. I agree Santa #3 has a beautiful coat!

      Delete
  6. So many quilters have added cross stitch projects to their list of things to work on. I used to cross stitch and am so tempted by it now. I watch some of the Floss Tubes and see lots of inspiration. Your Santa is progressing nicely and will make a delightful addition to holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it again. I guess I just needed to do something different. I still have several tops to hand quilt as winter projects but it's nice to do something different. I have started Floss Tubes too thanks to one of your comments. Not sure how anyone can get bored of life still so many things I want to do.

      Delete