Thursday, April 2, 2020

Final blocks Of Cheddarback Quilt

Well here it is the beginning of April and I have been able to finish up the blocks for Cheddarback quilt.  Gay Boomers decided that with the COVID19 quarentines and restrictions she would release the last two months at the same time.  I was gladly surprised because it does get harder and harder to wait for the release of the final blocks. So here they are!  I took come closeups of a few of my favoites!


There's something special about a little churn dash block!

I really like my fabric choices in this one!


Now I need to lay all my units out and decide on the final layout.  I am following Gay's layout and not the layout of the original quilt, however I have changed some things up.  Not sure that will happen this week, but I am sure it won't be long.  I really want to get this into a top and in the lineup to be quilted someday.

14 comments:

  1. those look nice - nice to get the block patterns early too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was nice to have these to work on while everyone is trying to social distance

      Delete
  2. It looks absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations. I have not even started yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled with it, I have never been a Sampler quilt lover but this one has changed my mind.

      Delete
  3. The shirting fabric you used with the Cheddarback blocks is a good one. I keep a good stash of shirtings.....mostly fat quarters or half yards. Now and then a larger piece. I think I have or had some of what you are using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised how this shirting makes the blocks sparkle yet make the whole quilt work together

      Delete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see the final layout. I've saved all the patterns but haven't pieced a single blocks. It's waiting in the maybe, someday file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some of them quite challenging others were easy. I changed my layout a bit and I too can't wait to see the top together.

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I have enjoyed watching you make this one. I agree- your fabric choices really make that block shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great! I moved a few things around also after getting a look of everything together. I doubt anyone will know the difference but I felt a little guilty doing it--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone will notice either. I just needed to seperate some similar colors so it only needed one month moved. As for the final 5 inch blocks I just made the ones I wanted and placed them where I liked them. Thinking about adding a little border but first I need to get it assembled.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on finishing up the blocks. It is hard waiting on the last couple of steps for a quilt along.

    ReplyDelete