Sunday, April 19, 2020

Busy week Stitching

Well, I really surprised myself this week and I was able to finish up April's Chart for the Linen and Threads SAL.  The motif is gorgeous and I think it kept motivating me to see it completed.  Each chart that I am adding makes me so glad that I joined this SAL.   Here's a closeup of the April's stitches and then a photo of what I have stitched so far.






I also found a few minutes to stitch out this little bunny.  I just couldn't resist stitching it.  After I finish my mystery quilt steps four and five I hope to finish it into something I can display next Easter.





Santa #4 was finished also!  I love the way he turned out and need to decide who Santa #5 will be?  I have run out of some of the dmc so starting him may have to wait until our lock down is over and I can get out and get some more skeins.


 As for slow stitching later today I may trace out a Kathy Schmitz bunny that came out and get started on that!  He is aweful cute!


14 comments:

  1. So many beautiful embroideries! I especially liked the rabbit at the bottom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree it's nice to stop quilting for awhile and do something different.

      Delete
  2. Lovely stitching, and great projects. I love that Santa! I finished Kathy Schmitz's bunny a couple of weeks ago. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I joined her club for the year. I have only done alittle embroidery as a child so her videos are helpful and I love how simple her designs are.

      Delete
  3. Santa is completely gorgeous! So is the bunny. What lovely projects. I'm working on my April SAL too. I'm getting close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aprils SAL is a doozy! I had fun stitching it though I am sure you are too, it's so pretty

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely variety of stitching going on there! The bunny you did this week is so adorable! The new one you're going to start looks like a fun design, too. I'm so glad to have this kind of stitching to keep busy with right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right it's nice to escape from the crazy world around us these days. Thanks

      Delete
  5. You are completing so many projects! That bunny is adorable and the santa is very stately. Your sew along is just getting prettier and prettier each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these little projects are fun cause they don't take very long, at least not as long as a quilt!

      Delete
  6. The bunnies, both the one you are stitching and the one you are starting today are cute. Your April's chart is a gorgeous cross stitch. Love the motif you have just finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love stitching the bunnies too! They are cute and fun and a real change of pace. So fun to stitch with all the Covid 19 news that is so hard to hear everyday.

      Delete
  7. You have been busy! I love your colour choice for the stitch a long. I'm struggling with mine at the moment, too much detail and not enough concentration! Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I really like using one color in my stitching. The Santa's are pretty simple too but anything to intricate really is not for me at this time. I struggled with concentration too, it's just hard to relax and let go and I don't really have a reason to have anxiety. But I guess the underlying worrying about the virus and how disrupted our lives have been really does affect us.

    ReplyDelete