Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Cheddarback is a top!


 Cheddarback quilt is officailly a top!  What a fun journey it has been!  I made a few changes by adding the year the BOM started and my initials into the center section.  I thought about adding a border but this morning I decided to just say it is finished.  I won't get to quilting it right away as I have another quilt already slotted for this next winter, but I do look forward to when this quilt will be in the hoop.  By then I hope that I have come to a decision on how to quilt it.  I am torn between baptist fans and just some 45 degree lines in on direction.  I think either one would be great.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Carla, its stunning! Sounds like you'll have plenty of time to ruminate on the quilting possibilities. A border idea might even emerge in that time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, both quiltings designs sound fine. Guess it depends on what you are feeling when it's time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finished flimsy. What a fun quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is hard to choose a pattern sometime when you have a variety of blocks you will decide in the end what you want the look to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your finish--it looks great! I'm going to do fans on my machine to finish mine off. It's a little sad we are done--it was a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I like that you created a block with the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks adding the year is something I have always wanted to do on a quilt This was the perfect opportunity

      Delete