Thursday, January 31, 2019

Block # 2 Hand Pieced -A Quilt Along

First stitched into rows


It doesn't take long to cut and hand piece these little 6 1/2 inch blocks!  I am using some solids I won and that have been in my stash for a few years now.  The fabric is very light weight which makes it a bit difficult to work with.  But they should be cute when all nine blocks are completed and set into the gray background I intend to use.

I intend to use the on point setting!

I was amazed that 118 linked up to the first weeks linky party!  So glad to see this much interest in hand piecing.

6 comments:

  1. that is great - I sometimes think hand work is coming back "in style" - love that block. I would have joined up but I have two hand projects to get back to as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think people are looking for relaxing things to do. I noticed that there has been more than one designer bringing back a new line of feed sack fabrics

      Delete
  2. Lovely block. Thanks for linking up as part of the Hand Pieced QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand piecing is fabulous. Love the colours in this block. I look forward to seeing more blocks of your clever stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hoping for an Amish looking quilt in solids, time will tell!

      Delete