Sunday, January 13, 2019

Stars Stars and More Stars

When I was piecing Stars Stars and More Stars, I really loved the additional star that formed when  the connecting triangles were added.  Quilts that have a secondary pattern have always caught my eye.  So when I decided to offset my quilting  stitches to add even more stars to this quilt, I knew that was the direction I wanted to head.




I was able to stitch 16 stars this week so I feel good about my progress.  I have been alternating my big stitching with my regular quilting which has been a lot of fun. There are 95 stars and some additional half stars in the quilt, so I have a long way to go.  But, it's a good feeling to be heading towards a finish and being pleased with the outcome.   



16 comments:

  1. Hey Carla... I love your quilt design for Stars, Stars, Stars! Very nice :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi! It seems the more stars there are the brighter they shine.

      Delete
  2. I love the stars quilting it does add so very much and it is so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it as it crosses the seams so it makes the stitching so much more enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. I really like the effect of the design and the brown thread you are using that makes it show up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am glad I tried big stitching a few years back it's perfect for this situation

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful star quilt! Love the colors you have chosen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I bought a fat quarter of browns to make the stars and was surprised when I tried this yellow fat quarter. Luckily it was still available and I ordered enough to do the quilt. Yellow is hard color for me to use but I do love this one also.

      Delete
  5. I love the quilting in the dark brown thread it really adds to the design. I have added your blog to my reader, I found you via Slow Sunday stitching. Have a terrific Slow Sunday Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It's actually crochet thread which I can get locally. This is the second time I have used it on a quilt. It's actually a whole lot cheaper than perle cotton and holds up as well in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. I do like the way you are quilting those stars, that's certainly a great design choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is so much more fun when you are happy with the results. I sometimes see quilters stitch an entire quilt with stitch in the ditch. Oh my I don't know how they do it! I firmly believe in seeing my slow stitches!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea to add more stars. I love how this quilt looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! that double star is really awesome. yay hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! Hope you were able to start stitching your top! Looking forward to seeing your progress

      Delete