Sunday, January 20, 2019

Slow Stitching

I woke early this am, so I decided to sneak off to my sewing room to enjoy some slow stitches. It's so lovely to sit and stitch. I have made good progress this week finishing 16 more stars. It's so enjoyable seeing how my big stitches play against the different fabrics. It's so peaceful early in the morning.. We had strong winds all day yesterday and the temps plummeted from a high of 70 on Friday to 38 on Saturday, to a low of 25 this am. I know it's probably a lot colder in other parts of the country but for Texas it's pretty cold. But it's warm and cozy under my quilt so I should make some good progress today.



8 comments:

  1. Stitching under a quilt is the perfect place to be on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars stitching is so lovely--it's nice to sit in the quiet and just push your needle in and out--a rhythmic meditation....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making star points between the star points is a nice hand quilting idea. The bigger stitch shows nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I love stitching on the bias and not having to struggle with seam allowances. Makes it so enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. Carla... I love how you are quilting this quilt! I have a swoon quilt coming up I hope I can mix little and big stitching in it in a fun way like you are these star blocks! Stay warm... we are very cold in North Carolina too!!!! I am ready for some sunshine at least. Early morning stitching is my favorite time to stitch too... everyone is asleep and I am doing my own thing in the quiet or with a video playing in my headphones... I love it!!! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes love the early morning stitching. I really like having the mixture on the last two quilts I did. It should work out well on your swoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete