Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

Such a wonderful week here in North Texas!  We had some windy days but we expect them and a few showers, but we are always thankful for them as our summers become quite hot and dry!  But looking out one morning this week I was amazed how green the grass is and how the perrenials are starting to bloom.  Despite the ongoing news about Covid19 life out in nature is continuing to flourish and in fact quite well this spring.  I decided to snap a few pics of things growing in the backyard in celebration of Mother's Day!










Some have started blooming others are just about to bloom!  But all of them so happy to be alive and flourishing!

I added a humming bird feeder to my perrenial bed this year.  I wasn't sure any would come to my feeder but I did have to give it a go.  Much to my surprise we have several that have been visiting every day and although they are hard to capture in a pic I did capture a couple of snapshots this week.


I am able to watch them from the screened in porch while I am reading or stitching, what a joy!

As for stitching I did get a few stitches in my Linen and Things SAL

It's coming along nicely I have a couple of more motifs to add before the next month's chart comes out!  I also started my next Santa!  I went and counted and found out I had more done that I had thought! This is Santa #6.  I have been watching some You tube videos on how to frame and finish off projects and have some ideas in my head.



I finished the Bunny on green this week  too!


Today will be family time!  My son has invited us over for some Texas BBQ Brisket!  It's sooooo good and the weather should be perfect to enjoy their beautiful backyard!  It's not a traditonal Mother's day as we usually go out to eat, but it sure will be just as awesome!


20 comments:

  1. have a nice afternoon out at your son's house with barbecue. all of your needlework looks great. I put a hummingbird feeder out as well but have not seen activity as it is not real close to the house - trouble with ants this year so didn't want it too close in case some of the nectar drips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBQ was fabulous and the weather is outstanding considering it's May 10th. Son heated the pool so it was a great afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching and flowers. BBQ brisket sounds wonderful, enjoy! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! So nice to have a meal prepared by someone else, although I did bring a salad to share. Now to relax with some slow stitching

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful flowers--we are still getting those frigid windy days here...Happy Mother's Day to you
    ~ ~ ~ waving while holding onto my hat Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julierose, the wind has very hard here but luckily all my flowers are up against the north side of the house so they were protected. But I only have one original lemon on my Meyer lemon but I see some smaller ones coming on! Hope such a wonderful word these days

      Delete
  4. such pretty flowers and stitching too! Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, a far fetch from my flower garden when I lived in Illinois but am thankful for the things that are growing and blooming.

      Delete
  5. Texas BBQ briskets sounds so nice! We are not able to meet up with others yet so our Mothers Day was nice and cozy ar home, just the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and everyone in his family work for home so we decided it would be safe to get together. I think it will be a long time before we feel it will be safe at our age to do too many public things. But it sure was nice to have dinner served instead of the one serving it!

      Delete
  6. Love seeing all your blooming things! The bunny on green is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am thankful that I am able to grow a few things down here where the summers are quite hot

      Delete
  7. A Texas BBQ brisket does sound delicious. Such a lovely way to celebrate Mother's Day. Love your sweet bunny on that forgets burden debris. How whimsical it is. All that rain does seem to have done wonders in your garden. The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you can never go wrong stitching bunnies, they sure help me cheer up.

      Delete
  8. Hi Carla, I like both your bunnies and what fun to be stitching a Santa. It sounds so ideal there where you are stitching and keeping an eye on the birds. What lovely blooms already. We have just daffodils and dandelions so far. Hopefully soon for us too. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful place to stitch! Our weather has been cooler and I imagine yours much cooler this spring. It's usually not that green here and takes an irrigation system just to get the plants to survive thru the summer! Hope you had a great Mother's day

      Delete
  9. Lovely flowers. Your stitching for the stitch a long is really coming along and looking good as are your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your brisket was good and you enjoyed family time even if 6 feet apart... not sure how serious you are taking the virus though... everyone seems different... I love all the flowers you shared and the cross stitch progress is great too. We have had windy weather also of late! More that regular spring weather at least for us :) Have a great rest of your week Carla ! We are feeding hummingbird families at our home too btw! Love watching them :D Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wear masks when out and about but things are pretty much opened up here. It needs to be done but it seems a bit scary too! I think at our age we definitly continue to be careful and hopefully a vaccine that works will be developed asap!

    ReplyDelete