Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Mystery Quilt 2020

Well, I am doing my first mystery quilt!  Making a mystery quilt is something that has never called my name.  But when Kathleen Tracy of Sentimental Quilter presented one, I knew it was time.  She is know for her small quilts and traditional patterns so I figured this would be a perfect one to join.   It's also a scrappy quilt, so it may make a bit of a dent in my bin of small scraps.  I finished up January's block this week.  They were  a lot of fun, nothing to difficult, but it is making me wonder where we are heading.  I love the slow pace  she has set as we have a month to finish each of the six clues!




14 comments:

  1. looks pretty - I am not doing any mystery this year but saving clues to another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proud of you Karen, I agree you probably have enough on your plate!

      Delete
  2. Oh by - those are cute. Must not click and go search for that.... must not click and go search for that........ =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was saying when you did those cute embroidered flowers! We definitely can't do them all but it is fun to see what different bloggers chose and how they turn out, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I'm tempted. But I've already got so much scrappiness surrounding me right now its mind boggling. I'll look forward to watching you do yours, Carla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree we need to be very picky or we get ourselves into a pickle with a closet of ufo's!

      Delete
  4. looking good! I'm not a mystery person either, but I love her patterns and the 1800's fabrics. It will be interesting to see what this will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes her traditional use of blocks and her repro fabrics are right up my alley.

      Delete
  5. This looks like it will be a fun Mystery! Enjoy :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, It's small and traditional and ver slow paced. Just enough machine time each month to have a bit of fun!

      Delete
  6. I love a good Mystery. Yours promises to be exquisite! In my book super scrappy equals super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My exerience with a mystery quilt was not all that much fun. I would rather save the clues, see the end product and then decide if it is something I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually the same way, but this is only a small 30 or so inch quilt and I have some scraps that need to be used! Time will tell!

      Delete