Monday, July 28, 2014

Baltimore Garden Block 23

I did some prep work this weekend, so that I could get started on the stitching of block 23.  This one has quite a few leaves and some lovely curved stems.  The layered flowers will really make this block sing.





I didn't get as much hand quilting done yesterday as I had hoped, but I got a bit  bummed out after the game as Chase's team lost 0-1 to a Manhatten, NY team.  I thought about all the early morning practices and years of playing.  The day before they had come back from being down 2 and scoreless to winning 5-2 in overtime.  But, this morning, I realized not everyone can win, we must celebrate our achievement and being number 2 in the nation is quite an achievement.  He will come home with a silver medal and memories that will last a life time.  He still has college days to look forward to, hopefully his hard work will land him some scholarships. 
It is such a gorgeous day here. The humidity is gone and the temps a bit cooler, so this morning I headed to the garden to pick the produce.  This afternoon I plan to sit in the sewing room and relax with some hand quilting. 

6 comments:

  1. Second in the entire nation is quite an accomplishment ... congrats to Chase!

    Enjoy your cooler weather. It's cooled off here, too ... more like late spring than summer! I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kathy! Not to shabby! We are enjoying gorgeous weather! I hope August brings us more of the same!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Chase and you, too, Carrie - I know you helped with that in a supportive way. That block looks like it has tons of pieces - look forward to seeing it as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is important to be supportive to grandchildren it does mean a lot. So many in the children in the country today don't get that. We are too busy or have lost that value. I hope to start some of the flowers tomorrow, so I am making pretty good progress. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. To look at the pattern drawing makes the design look daunting but you whip those bocks out in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves and stems are pretty quick, but the layered flowers are quite time consuming. I probably spend a couple of hours a day stitching.

      Delete