Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Method of Hand Quilting

I hope all of you are not laughing too hard at my incident in the bathroom. I decided since I can not repair the hole in the wall until Tom tests the leak and until they charge the system with freon I will work on my new method of hand quilting. I just got a new hoop, thimble and another notion called an aunt betty (which is basically a bent piece of metal) in order for me to learn this new method. I am very excited about it since it doesn't involve moving your wrists at all and therefore my carpal tunnel will not flair up when I am quilting. I have practiced for about an hour and I can actually do it all ready, but I need to work on perfecting my stitch length and build up my speed. I will try to post some results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment