Only two 12 inch finished blocks for Cheddarback for the month of October. The first one was an appliqued Carolina lily that was aided along by some machine piecing before it was appliqued to the background. The original block was done in red vase, flower and stems, but it just didn't appeal to me so I chose blue and green.
The second pieced block was one I have never made before. It was fun to piece! I did sew two pieces of fabric together to make it large enough to cut the center piece. This makes it a "make do" block, which I think will add to the charm of this quilt. Picked up my new glasses on Wednesday and my prescription changed enough that it took a bit to adjust to them. But by the end of the day all was well. It is wonderful to see again. The reading portion of my prescription changed quite a bit, no wonder I was struggling with threading my needles. So the rest of the month will be enjoyed by hand quilting on my trailing vines. I did start but really don't have enough done to take a picture yet!