Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Progress Report

It's hard to blog about sewing together the same hourglass blocks. But, I do want to say of all the quilts I have made, this one is taking a lot longer to assemble into a top.  But the process has been going along smoothly and I am still enjoying watching each row come together. 



I have five of the eight sections completed so there is still a lot of stitching that needs to take place.  As I piece, I am thinking about the six-inch border that I need to attach to make this a king size quilt.  I have some ideas rolling around in my head and I am sure I will come up with something that will make me happy!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Carla... this LOOKS AMAZING!!! I love your fast progress! :)

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi! I am so glad I started collecting the fabric for this quilt years ago. I just love all the different colors and patterns playing off one another.

      Delete
  2. It's gonna be so good! Already looking incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole lot of fun for sure! I am thinking since the hand quilting will be quite simple in the blocks that I will use a solid border to show off a quilting design to compliment this traditional pattern

      Delete
  3. This looks beautiful already and it's not even finished! Great job, what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I am so glad I decided to go king size as it will be wonderful to wake up with it over me!

      Delete
  5. Magnificent. Love to watch your creativity boil over as you design as you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working this way and there is nothing complicated and the prints and colors are finding their place in this quilt on their own. So it is fun to sit back and just enjoy as it grows bigger and bigger.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic look thus far. The center block works so well with the hour glass blocks. The repitition of the hour glass blocks lets the compass block shine.

    ReplyDelete