Yesterday, I had a marathon sewing day. I really want to get this top finished in time for my daughter's birthday. So I started the day early in the sewing room and just made a day of it. I finished trimming the half squares triangles and then started to assemble them into the blocks that will make up the quilt.
It went pretty well, until later in the afternoon when I realized I had sewn three blocks wrong. Time to pick out some stitches and rest, tomorrow is another day. I was able to finish 56 of the 72 blocks I need. So hopefully today I get the last 16 blocks made and I can start assembly of the top. I plan to do it in quarters so that I can continue to support the pieces on my sewing table top.
|Although retrimming all the HST's took a lot of time it was time well spent|