Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Getting Closer

I know it doesn't look like much, but actually it is 49 feet of binding for my Double Irish Chain quilt.  This is the quilt that I pieced last summer out of scraps that had accumulated over many years. I decided last June to organize my fabric so I could actually see what I owned. I also had a Rubbermaid tote that was filled to the brim with scraps from other projects. After a lot of folding and cutting my sewing closet was very organized and I pieced a king size Double Irish Chain.  I started quilting this quilt three months ago, so I was so very happy last night when I finally sat down to finish the hand quilting.  This morning after auditioning a few ideas for binding I decided to use the black print out of my stash.  If I did the math correctly I need 468 inches of binding, and my piece of fabric yielded 588 inches. I don't mind having some left over as I make miniature quilts from time to time and the left overs often come in handy then.

No comments:

Post a Comment