Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bow Ties


Posted by PicasaLast Friday, I decided to go down to the local flea market and look for some milk glass containers to use as african violet planters in my bedroom. I had so much fun looking and hunting. I was able to find three containers, you will see them on a later post and this hand pieced quilt. It was just hanging there under a box of linens and I fell in love with it right away. I turned over the price tag................yippee for me four bucks. I have always wanted to make a bow tie quilt but I enjoy quilting not piecing especially bow ties.  I can't wait to finish my Double Irish Chain so I can start this one. There are two red bow ties that are made out of a velvetty fabric that I need to remove and replace with a couple of the blocks that are in the row that is missing a block, but that sure beats having to piece the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment