Sunday, September 6, 2020

I keep on stitching!

 It's been a great week here, each day I made a little more progress on my Quilter Santa #2.   He is as much fun to stitch the second time around.


Time was also spent in the sewing room.  First I had to clean off the cutting table, not sure how it gets so cluttered, well I do know, but it is impossible for me to work until things are put away.  I discovered I don't have enough fabric to finish this pillow cover but I did get the first round of fabric added!  We are heading out tomorrow to a cabin by the lake in east Texas for about four days so this project will just have to wait for a bit.


The Linen and Threads chart for September posted, so that will need some attention next.  I guess I will bring Santa and the September chart along, not sure if I will find some time for stitching as it is a family weekend.  But it might be nice to sit by the lake and stitch while the guys go out in the side by side. 




22 comments:

  1. The cabin by the lake for four days does sound rather wonderful. Love the fabric on the Bee Kind; it looks just like a hive. Your Santa, too, looks fabulous. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, yes it is so nice to get away. So far I haven't found much time for stitching but that's OK too

      Delete
  2. Love your Santa and Bee Kind. That first border is perfect! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I sure hope I can find the perfect fabric to finish this pillow

      Delete
  3. sitting by a lake sounds really nice! love both of your stitchings they look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes East Texas is so much like AR so many more trees and unfortunately more humidity but I am not complaining

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Sitting by the lake sounds awesome..love all your projects, but
    really like the Santa...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your days by the lake. Your Santa is looking great. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That border fabric for Bee kind is so perfect! Have a wonderful time at the cabin a getaway sounds really nice right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it nice to find pieces in our stash that work. It's so quiet here so very relaxing

      Delete
  7. Stitching by the lake sounds heavenly. Enjoy the family time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always nice to have a break away, I'm sure you will enjoy your time at the cabin stitching away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes getting away has been hard this year. So quiet out here and relaxing

      Delete
  9. Four days at a cabin by the lake! Serene heaven! Love it! :)
    The border looks great around the Bee Kind stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes just enjoying time with family and forgetting about all those routines that become a bit boring especially this year with Covid

      Delete
  10. Have a great time with your family. Stitching outside sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks just beautiful weather and chirping birds. Saw three red fox and over a dozen deer munching away in the neighborhood!

      Delete
  11. Your Santa is looking fine! I've got the Bee Kind stitchery ... it's in my queue! Is that the free SAL from Linen & Threads that you're working on? I've been saving that one, but not working on it yet. Enjoy your time away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a freebie, I think I may go back and do a previous year mystery also. I am really enjoying crosstitch lately.

      Delete