Sunday, August 16, 2020

Finished Strawberry!

 It seems I always have good intentions when it comes to stitching!  Somehow, especially since my husband has retired, they don't seem to happen.  I do make sure I get in my exercise and in the summer we swim at least five days of the week and all that takes time!  With covid, we are eating more meals at home and Tom does fix almost as many meals as I do so I really shouldn't complain, still I don't seem to find much time to stitch.  I did finish my embroidered strawberry this week. It was fun to stitch and it's the first time I embroidered with batting on the back of the fabric.  It gives this strawberry a quilted effect.  I filled it with ground walnut shells and am very pleased with my first attempt at making one!



I also started on Santa #11.  He's a quilter Santa!!!!!  How fun is that!  I have a long ways to go but I am really looking forward to how he finishes!




I traced a Kathy Schmitz design that came out in August  I am not sure if I want to do all black like on the strawberry or go with a colorful design.  I think I am leaning toward the black!


The august motifs for the Linen and Threads SAL is completed and I am looking forward to what September will bring.  I love the addition of a few more birds!


22 comments:

  1. A quilter Santa!! How wonderful!! Your strawberry is beyond adorable. Embroidering with the batting on the back does give it a lovely quilted look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am happy with the results. Can't wait to get this Santa completed!

      Delete
  2. your stitching looks wonderful - all of it!! yes exercise is important with all that time we are spending at home - I think it helps keep us sane - I wish my husband did some of the cooking - he has never helped much around the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always put in getting exercise first. My husband is a good cook but not a baker. But, it is nice to have a day off here and there from cooking. He's not the same way about cleaning but since he is retired he is asked to step up to the plate and he willingly does. I have decided the day will never come when he sees that something needs cleaning, but I won't complain.

      Delete
  3. You have been awfully busy I think Carla to consider that your hubby is retired! lol I love all you shared... that strawberry is sooo cute! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hubbies around do take up some time! I agree the strawberry turned out quite well.

      Delete
  4. What a cute strawberry and your sampler is coming along great. Love that bee hive stitchery. I agree - exercise and meals do take a lot of time... but they are a necessity. Enjoy some slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects! Love them all! I always embroider with thin batting on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! I really do like stitching thru the batting and can see myself doing that more often now!

      Delete
  6. That strawberry pincushion looks like a fun project, and turned out so cute! Is that a Kathy Schmitz design? Hers always have some pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the strawberry is one of her free patterns on her website. I agree her drawings are so cute!

      Delete
  7. That strawberry turned out great! I like the addition of the birds but funnily enough I'm modifying this months pattern. What are your plans for your twelve santas when they are all complete? I love the style of them enormously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nother friend who modified the SAL this month too! I say do what makes you happy! I hope to make them into little pillow stuffed ornaments that I can display in a basket or add to a garland during the holidays I agree that folky design melts my heart!

      Delete
  8. It seems to me that you are getting plenty of stitching completed. The pool exercise and the cooking are sort of necessary. I love that little strawberry. Looking forward to seeing the quilt Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that once my Santa's are all stitched and I get them finished that I will feel better about my accomplishments. But you are right it's not a race and done for enjoyment!

      Delete
  9. An embroidered strawberry is a very nice project. It turned out very well. A quilting Santa - what fun! Currently, finding time to stitch is a challenge for me. I’m retired also. Go figure. You are doing far better than I. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have finally come to the conclusion that a few stitches a day is all I need. So smaller projects are perfect for that!

      Delete
  10. Love your strawberry! I've never done any blackwork embroidery. I like it when I see it on other projects, just have never done any of my own. Maybe I will sometime. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvellous projects Carla!
    Love that strawberry stitching :)
    Thanks for taking the time to link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete