Sunday, August 9, 2020

10 down 2 to go

 I finished up woodland Santa and he is waiting with the others to be made into an pillow ornament!  I really like this one with the raccoon, squirrel and rabbit and all the birds!  Two more charts to stitch and I will have 12 Santa's completed!  

Add caption


Then I started working on Linen and Threads 2020SAL.   I was glad to see a few more birds are in this chart!  This one shouldn't take very long, but I spent most of yesterday unpicking the stitches from the day before.  You know, that darn one stitch off!!!!!!  But I am back on track and hope to finish up this chart today!

Add caption


I went on line to look at more prairie schooler Santas and I saw a couple of charts from  Little House Needlworks that I decided to order instead!  One is the Summer ABC's and the other Fall ABC's.  Hopefully I can get the fall one stitched up and ready to hang for this fall.

I also need to pull out my lightbox and trace a few Kathy Schmitz patterns and work on embroidering them.  If I can get the tracing done I know they wouldn't take long to do, but somehow my days get away from me.  


20 comments:

  1. Love your work! I am a recovering cross-stitcher. 🤣 It was my hobby of choice before I got heavily into quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes both hobbies are so addicting! I needed a break from quilting and this seems to fit the bill.

      Delete
  2. I love these - I have some Christmas stitching that I haven't started on - if I am going to use them I have got to get moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christmas comes faster every year it seems! I am glad I started on January with these Santas!

      Delete
  3. He is a really neat Santa with all his animal friends! Love the Kathy Schmitz designs, too. You have lots of fun stitching to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa looks terrific! Love the Kathy Schmitz designs, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine how fabulous all 12 of your gorgeous Santas will look all finished and displayed together. Well done you, for having completed 10. Have fun stitching the next 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am looking forward to the day that I can get them all done and display them together!

      Delete
  6. I love that Santa. I really like those embroidery pieces that you have lined up too. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a dull moment here! With the heat we are having I am so thankful for these projects to pick up when I just need to relax

      Delete
  7. I love Santa #10 ... Enjoy your cross stitching and embroidery this week :) Can't wait to see all you get accomplished this week too <3
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I get slower and slower but it is all about putting in a few stitches when I feel like it so it's not about how many things I get done. But there are so many things I would love to start, but remember they all take time

      Delete
  8. Woodland Santa and friends are absolutely charming! It's nice to switch off projects. I hear ya girlfriend on days getting away. Same here and I can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice to have variety as long as I don't keep starting and never finish that drives me crazy!

      Delete
  9. Santa is wonderful! I can't believe only 2 left. Looks like you have plenty of projects to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit like quilting every stitch helps you get where you are going.

      Delete
  10. Aww.. love the stitching with the birds especially! So annoying to have to take out stitches and redo. Some days are just gonna be that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes there are those days! But fortunately they don't happen to often. Pulling out stitches isn't too bad and alway worth the time in the final product after all they need to make you happy!

    ReplyDelete