Sunday, November 10, 2019

November Cheddarback Quilt Blocks

It was a busy week at my house.  We tore into the laundry room and Tom built drawers to go under the front loader and dryer.  It will be so nice to not have to bend over to get the clothes at the back of the washer.   They turned out really nice and now I have two drawers to store supplies.  He finished them this week, and was wondering what was next.  So I suggested building in some shelves in the laundry room. I had some plastic shelving units that were not very stable and were beginning to sag in places.  He thought that was a good idea and we were able to finish them up yesterday.  I keep a lot of my kitchen appliances in there and it was so nice to have the open shelves that were a couple of inches wider with no supporting rods in the way and constraining how I used the them.




In between helping him in the garage I was able to stitch my November Cheddarback quilt blocks.  I decided for November, I would save the 5.5 inch blocks for use in the next section of the quilt instead of the letter blocks in that section. So for November's 5.5 inch blocks I drafted some number blocks for the year instead.  They aren't hard to do but just take a bit of thought and I just measured the pieces out from my drawings.  I think they turned out pretty good.





The block above the number blocks is the November 12.5 inch block. It was a fun block to stitch too!  So between the laundry room and the piecing I didn't get as many hand quilted stitches completed.  I was able to finish the two panels I almost finished last week and I started a third pink panel and stitched two sections of cable.  It's nice to look back at the week, I ususally find I did more than I thought.  Tonight, the Cowboys play the Vikings.  Alexa says the Cowboys are favored to win by 3 points so it should be a very close game.  I will try and enjoy a few more slow stitches but we will see how it all unfolds.


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty stitches. I love watching your progress on quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. A lot of stitches to be made but each stitch brings it closer to a finish.

      Delete
  2. such a nice idea for the laundry room I know I have seen them sold like that in the store but you usually have to pay quite a few extra hundred dollars for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are expensive in the stores and my husband really enjoys building things so it was a win win

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the laundry room, Carla (and hubby) ! Nice to have that extra storage for your appliances. I like that you are including the year on the front of your Cheddarback quilt. It turned out great and will fit well. I look forward to seeing it complete. Your leaves/vines quilt is really coming along (forgive me if this quilt has a name, as I've forgotten it) and is looking fantastic. I'm itching to do some hand quilting, but have nothing in the works at the moment ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think adding the year seems to personalize the quilt and it was fun to draft out the blocks myself

      Delete
  4. I just love your laundry room revisions! How nice to have a handy hubby!!!!
    I love your 2019 block you pieced and your progress on the quilt too... but this week your shining glory is that laundry room / pantry :D Congrats!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie It is nice to have the laundry room finished and get back to my sewing.

      Delete