Sunday, September 22, 2019

Slow, but still progress

It was a very busy week at my house, it that time of year that we try to get everything back in order after some neglect from the fun loving summer months.  But, I still found some time to put in some embroidery stitches.  I love ending the day with a few calming stitches.  I finished the dish cloth I started last weekend and even put a few stitches into the next one.
Dish towel 1
I will be brave and show you the back of my work. Definitely not perfect, but at least you could tell an effort was made to keep it tidy!


One of my goals for the week didn't get completed but I am making good progress.  I have three out of the four center strips of my trailing vines marked.  The marking isn't really that hard, it's just a bit boring and I can always think of hundreds of things I would be rather doing. But, it doesn't get done that way, so I work in short intervals as not to get too frustrated.


The two outer strips of pink are wider and I want to do something a little different on them.  I haven't come to a final decision but I do have some ideas whirling around in my head.

And finally I have to include a pic of my granddog Zoe.  She is so sweet and fills a void in our lives since Mr Max passed in November.  We are not ready to get a new dog, but visiting with Zoe really helps.  She is a labradoodle and has the same poodle eyes that Max had.  What's not to love!




22 comments:

  1. I love your basil dish cloth... the back side of my embroidery NEVER looks that neat! lol I am glad you are almost ready to layer up your winter quilt project.. I like to listen to music or a book when I mark a quilt... Enjoy the photo you shared of your cute grand dog too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes listening while marking really helps alot! I am almost done I just need to mark the outer two pink panels. Doing a bit each day breaks it up and makes it bearable.

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery looks very nice, the dish clothes will be too lovely to be used! I also think marking quilts is boring but it's so necessary. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen, I need to pick up some more to embroider. It's a nice break from quilting. Thanks also for your tip on ordering from Sulky. I see so many lovely quilting stitches done with 12wt thread I really need to try it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your stitching is beautiful. I could never show the back of any work I do! Trailing vines are gorgeous as well. I can tell you enjoy this stitching hobby of ours as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It took a lot for me to show the back but I part what I love about stitching is improving my work. I am glad I have gotten to this point, I used to be in such a hurry, not sure why?

      Delete
  4. Very good on fall cleaning. Our area is still a bit hot for those thoughts. One of your whirling ideas will come forth and it'll be lovely. Zoe sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have those outer borders figured out, now to get them marked. My cleaning burst of energy came to a halt this week. Not sure if it's the weather but all my energy seems to have vanished.

      Delete
  5. Love your stitchery, and that trailing vines is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I am really excited to finally start to quilt my trailing vines!

      Delete
  6. I think you are doing yourself a dis-service! Well I'm impressed anyway! Zoe is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am my own worst enemy, but it does drive me to keep learning and improving and that gives me a lot of satisfaction!

      Delete
  7. So glad you are able to get a few calming stitches in at night. The marking looks lovely and soon you'll be settled under it stitching away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your FIL hope he is doing better. Yes our stitching really is such a gift and always there when we need to relax.

      Delete
  8. I'm excited to see your trailing vines getting marked for quilting. It encourages me to keep going with mine :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these quilts we make are such an undertaking aren't they? I throughly enjoyed making the panels of leaves and then coming up with the quilting design. Looking forward to those first stitches when the time comes.

      Delete
  9. What a pretty dog baby! Your stitching is beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe is a joy! Such a fun loving pup. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your hand piecing is going well.

      Delete
  10. Your embroidery is lovely - both back and front! Please tell me, what is the name of the pattern you used! It's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's been years since I have embroidered besides maybe backstitching a label for a quilt. I believe these transfers are still available. I have seen them at Jo Ann's Fabrics. They are called Aunt Martha's Hot Iron Transfers This particular one is Suberb Herbs 4001. I just saw one with canning jars that I am going to have to pick up when I am out!

      Delete
  11. Lovely embroidery and just as pretty on the back!
    Marking a quilt is boring, but keep at it so you can get to the fun quilting part!
    Can't wait to see what that cable is going to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see the cable quilted either. I have used a cable once before and really loved how I could get several needles going and move down the quilt. I must say I was proud of the back, I have really come along way since I was a young child.

    ReplyDelete