Saturday, September 28, 2019

Dish Towel finish

My two dish towels are now completed.  What fun I had stitching out these little designs.  I also love that they brighten up a useful item.  There are a dozen designs in this packet of transfers so I can see myself getting some more dish towels to embroider.





But, I really need to finish preparing my trailing vines for quilting.  I have finalized the design I will use on the final two pink strips.  I have one marked and hope to get the other marked today!  Then it will be on to basting the quilt.  I find that it goes pretty quickly so hopefully by next week, I can start stitching on this quilt.  I hope that the designs come out as good as I envisioned in my head.  I am going to also take some practice stitches.  This is something I used to never do, but each time I start to quilt a quilt, I always think it would have been good to get a few practice stitches under my belt.  Do you take practice stitches or do you like to dive right in?  

This is a sneak peak at how I will mark the outer two strips

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's been a long time to get to this point. Of course it would have been sooner if other quilts wouldn't have interrupted me. LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt, love the design you've selected. The dish towels are very nice. I have some towels that an elderly cousin of my mother's embroidered. I think of Dorothy every time I use them. Can't wait to see how the quilting looks next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the challenge! I need to get it basted which really doesn't take too long if I just start. I hope to aleast start quilting by next Sunday. Hopefully life won't get in the way.

      Delete
  3. Love your stitchery, and that trailing vines is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to get trailing vines basted. The quilting does so much for bringing a quilt alive. Can't wait to have enough quilted to run my hand over it and feel it come alive.

      Delete
  4. Your stitching is very smooth! That pattern on the outer border is going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to try using a perle cotton too, sometimes with dmc a thread can misbehave. So hearing your nice compliment made me smile. I guess all the years of hand quilting have helped improve my embroidery skills.

      Delete
  5. Pretty little stitchery designs, these towels would make a nice little gift, wouldn't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I sure would love to receive them as a gift. So glad I started stitching these out, now to get more towels so I can stitch out the others.

      Delete
  6. I love the quilting pattern that you have sketched out. I can't wait to follow your quilting progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have used traditional designs I have seen versions of on strip quilts and thought it might work here. Helps to combine ideas and get a few more things off the bucket list.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, this quilt is going to be spectacular. Loving those trailing leaves and the quilting design you have decided upon is lovely. I am afraid I always dive right in. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is hard to dive right in but I am hoping that marking the whole quilt this time might make this a bit more enjoyable. Time will tell

      Delete
  8. Oh, how nice to see the Trailing Vines out and about and ready to be quilted. I always have a difficult time deciding on how to quilt something but once I decide I dive right in. Your stitching has always inspired me so I can't believe you would have to take any practice stitches.

    I may have those embroidery transfers and you reminded me that I need to get stitching on some dishtowels. I give little sets of embroidered dish towel, hot pad and crochet dishcloths as Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to feel motivated for a change. Really loving this embroidery I may keep at it they would make great gifts

      Delete