Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Stitching Klosjes

Technorati Tags: ,

IMG_1189

Since I finished the peony quilt, I pulled out my klosjes project to join Kathy and other linked bloggers to do some slow stitching.  I am finding stitching these klosjes to the background fabric very relaxing.  The whole quilt be done in pinks browns and creams.  I am adding a photo below to give you a sneak preview of how they will be laid out in the quilt. A simple dark light layour.  While I stitch, I will trying to decided what kind of border to add.  I am not a fan of borders, but sometimes a quilt needs one and I think this one definitely needs a border.

 

IMG_1191

9 comments:

  1. Such fun blocks! How do you get your curves so smooth when you applique? Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I baste around the outside edge and then use a a heat resistant circle template I made and pull the basting and press after spraying with starch. A giant perfect circle. That way they are easy to applique down.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty. The nice thing about hand sewing is that it gives you plenty of time to ponder the next step. Maybe some nice applique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks. They are simple but fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your klosjes are looking great. I also like to make quilts without borders but sometimes they demand one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great, I love that you did them in circles. great color combo's in mho!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete