Monday, July 9, 2012

In my sewing room


I am so excited that I accomplished my goal of finishing another twenty klosjes while on a road trip last week.  I actually almost have a second set of twenty more done, so that means I am nearing the sixty mark.
Once I reach 100 klosjes big decisions will need to be made on the background fabrics.  All of the klojes are in shades of pink, and I am leaning to using browns for the background.







As for this week, I hope to finish hand quilting a wall hanging that I machine appliqued close to a decade ago.  The pattern is from a Lynette Jensen of Thimbleberries. I love sunflowers and I was very happy with how it turned out. It is great  that my hand quilting abilities have finally caught up so now I can finish this project.








Another project waiting in my sewing studio are the blocks for a thousand pyramid quilt. I started piecing these a year ago out of my stash of fabrics.  Now I just need to find the time to do a final layout so that I can start joining the blocks into rows. It looks like I will have a lot of hand quilting to do this winter.

3 comments:

  1. You have lots of wonderful projects going on.

    Your handquilting is lovely and soon you will be enjoying that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many interesting things going on in your sewing room! I love the brown fabric showing behind your finished Klojes--can't wait to see them all put together. I'll see if I can get some pictures of what I'm working on post-Tetris. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a medium fabric in brown and cream to use on every other block today. I sure hope it goes with the one in the pic. I also found another pink so someday I can start the next set of twenty klojes!

      Delete