Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to my Applique

After several weeks away from working on my red and green quilt,  I am ready to dive back into working on blocks.  I find it very relaxing to stitch away on these blocks. I am trying to incorporate blocks that have meaning in my life. The block I am currently working on is a tulip block. There is a dutch heritage on my husbands side of the family, and I love to garden so it is a very fitting block.  I am currently working on the leaves,  I can't wait to get to the actually flowers to add some color to this block.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the hand work party...love to see some applique! Look forward to the blooming of the tulips in this block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing this as it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue, I'm really enjoying and hopefully with practice more confident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt will be full of meaning when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete