Thursday, June 23, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake


Well, we have picked the last batch of berries, so I found it fitting to make a strawberry shortcake. I am including my recipe, which includes almond extract, one of my favorite flavorings.

Fruit Flan Shorcake

1 -1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/3 c shortening ( I use butter)
1/2 t almond extract
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c milk

Heat oven to 350 F. Beat all ingredients together for 3 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured flan pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. After it cools top with fresh berries (you can also use canned peaches and others berries.) Make a glaze with some sugar and water (or fruit juice) and some cornstarch to thicken. After you let your glaze cool for a minute ladel it over the fruit. Top with whipped topping and enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment