Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From Scraps to Quilts

I have spent most of this month cleaning my sewing room! For years I have worked on projects and then tossed the scraps into a large Rubbermaid container. I was hoping that someday, I would have enough to make a scrap quilt.
Well, over the last year, I made a wall hanging, two minature quilts, and a snuggle size quilt. Still my Rubbermaid container remained full.
So, I decided to attack it!

I first pressed and cut the scraps into strips 2 1/2 inches wide. Then those strips got cut into 2 1/2 in squares. Then those squares get matched one light and one dark and sewn together. So far I have 500 squares sewn together with another square, that is one thousand squares. I have 300 squares pinned and ready to be sewn and I have more squares that need to be cut and paired up with another square.
Anyway, my goal is sixteen hundred squares which will be sewn together to make ten in blocks and then paired with a larger squares and  they will become a quilt. Love getting to the point that I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment