Sunday, November 29, 2020

How time flies!

Wow! I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of November.  How time flies when your having fun they say!  I will start this post with announcing that the shot I received on the 16th was a success.  It's not a permanent fix but it has given me a lot of relief.  The orthopedic surgeon did say I have a herniated disc.  I will see him on Tuesday to see where we go from here.  I am praying that some adjustments and PT will help me cope with my situation.  So I have been resting and enjoying a bit of stitching since we got back from East Texas.   I finished up the November stitches on the Linen and Threads SAL.  I decided to include the fly. A little wrinkled but completed!

!s
I also made some progress on my spring cross stitch project!  I am feeling more comfortable with my cross stitch with all the practice I have done this year.  When I started stitching in January I felt like I took out as many stitches as I stitched!

  

But my focus this week will be getting my Santa's finished!  I did get the interfacing applied to the Santas and the backing fabric.  Then I sewed the back seam, so now I just need to sew the front and backs together with the hanger .  It shouldn't take too long, then the stuffing will begin.  The addition of the bow and maybe a jingle bell and they  should be  ready to enjoy this Christmas!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. There is always so much to be thankful for!  At our house we enjoyed a lemon meringue pie made with a couple of lemons off our tree. We really enjoyed watching it grow and form fruit.  Of course, enjoying the pie was wonderful too!




19 comments:

  1. You pie looks amazing. And with homegrown fruit - even more impressive. I really like your Quaker. I don't do mysteries as a mystery (burned one too many times by hating the finished project), but I'm collecting the charts for this LnT one. It's on the short list to be kitted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't do mysteries for the same reason But I seem to love all quaker charts. This one is fun to stitch

      Delete
  2. so glad to hear you have gotten relief from the injection! I hope it continues to work for you. your stitching is great and that is really fun that you have gotten lemons from your tree that matured and able to use the juice for the pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen It was fun to use the lemons from our tree. Not sure how long the shit will last but I sure am enjoying the relief. I have to remind myself to not overdo.

      Delete
  3. What fun to make a pie out of your own lemons! Your stitching projects look wonderful, too - I love those Santas. Will they hang on your tree? So glad you are getting relief from the shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will display them in a basket But I am adding ribbon hangers so I can hang them if the mood strikes

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that the injection has given you some relief, I love all your stitching and that pie looks delicious Lemon meringue is my sons favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an easy pie to make and a favorite here too. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Beautiful stitching, of course I am always partial to the Father Christmases. I think it is about time to pick the lemons off my dwarf tree, they are almost all yellow. Happy stitching~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure had fun stitching them I see myself doing a few more in the future

      Delete
  6. I have two herniated disks which caused me immense pain in March, 2019. Two epidural shots and physical therapy have helped a lot and all that I am left with is a numb left thigh and knee which sometimes gets worse when I ignore my exercises. I want to avoid any surgery unless I am in great, unrelenting pain. I wish you well. Your cross-stitch projects are wonderful. I love those Santas. Lemon meringue pie is one of my favorites. Yours looks delicious. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my chronic back pain is no fun. I feel the same way about surgery Hoping some PT and exercises help too But it's nice to have some relief after the injection

      Delete
  7. Yum....lemon meringue pie has to be up there with the best. It is my husband's favourite. There is always a plethora of lovely cross stitching to be seen at your lovely place. Enjoy finishing off those fabulous Santas. It is good to read that you have some relief from the pain. All the best with your surgeon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon merguine pie, my favourite! Even better made with lemons from your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed watching them grow this summer. Being able to make a pie ftom the fruit added to our joy

      Delete
  9. So glad to hear the shot has given you some relief from the pain. Wow! I love the lemon pie from home grown lemon tree. All the stitching projects are looking great - those Santa's especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla, I am glad you got a shot that is giving you some relief... I hope PT and other measures not operable are options for you for the forseeable future too. I love all your embroidery progress and that you are working on your Santas! Keep up your momentum... lovely lemon meringue pie... from your own home grown lemons too! Have a blessed December!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete