Sunday, October 18, 2020

So many stitches, so little time!

 Well, it didn't take long to complete Santa #12!  I can't believe I have finished the stitching part of my 12 Santa journey!  I have to say I have truly enjoyed stitching everyone of these and I have my eye on a few more that I would like to add to the collection in the future.  I hope to start finishing them, once I complete the October Chart for the Linen and Threads SAL.



I have already started stitching but still have a ways to go!




I also finished my autumn stitchery!  I got busy and mounted it on foam core and it now up so that it can be enjoyed.  I know I will be too busy to get anymore of the seasons stitched this year.  But I have ordered the two I didn't have so they will be there when I am ready.  We are getting some flooring replaced in our front room and living room and going out of town mid November  so that may put a kabosh on my stitching for a while.  So if I can get my Santas finished and keep up with my SAL I will be happy. 




 Then once the floors are done I can think about pulling out the king size quilt top and getting it basted.   I have no idea yet how I will quilt it???????  What do you think????????  Nothing fancy for sure maybe it's a great candidate for some Baptist Fans, time will tell. So looks like there is plenty of slow stitches of one kind of another to keep me busy well into spring!



17 comments:

  1. no suggestions here on the quilting as I know you will come up with something, love all your needlework

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I know I will keep it simple but it will be fun to quilt with all the different prints!

      Delete
  2. I love your santas so much. How satisfying to complete all 12 of them. Your autumn stitch looks great with that frame. You are also further along on octobers section of the stitch a long than me. This months seems huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes I am excited about finishing all my Santas. Yes October is a dooser and I keep messing up, I guess I need concentrate more.

      Delete
  3. Well done on your finishes I love Santa and the Autumn stitchery is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes. I love the Santa and Autumn projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karrin, I am glad I pushed myself to get the autumn project on the wall! The Santa's should go together pretty quickly if I use the assembly line method.

      Delete
  5. I love your Santa with the sunflowers, and also how you finished up the Autumn design! I find figuring out how to quilt a top one of the hardest decisions to make. Baptists Fans sound perfect for your hourglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and this one isn't speaking to me but I haven't given it much thought. I think an allover design won't compete cause its really about all the fabrics in this one!

      Delete
  6. I am sure that the quilt will tell you how to quilt it. I love all your Santas. I really have to get back to stitching them. I love how you finished the Autumn Stitchery. It looks great in the niche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie! I took some tips from Stitching Housewives on Flosstube. I used magnets and washers to attach the stitchery to the base so that I can change out the seasons. I too like the way it looks there.

      Delete
  7. 12 Santas done, great work! And your Autumn piece looks wonderful on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have finished your 12 Santas...how fabulous. ALL are gorgeous. Love the Autumn Stitchery mounted and hanging beautifully on your wall. I love the mount/frame it is displayed on. As for the quilting of your quilt, you will imagine something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Santa! So exciting to pull a quilt for quilting. Baptist fans look like it would work great but you always come up with the perfect quilting for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes... your 12th Santa is sooo cool with his sunflowers... your finished fall wall hanging is breathtaking too! Can you spend some Sunday showing how you mount things to foam core board for safe forever placement like you have done with your fall one... I am sooo curious!!! I just love it :D And your next quilt up is scrappy and fun... can't wait to see what you decide after floors and travel are done. Happy Quilting and Stitching! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of wonderful stitching! Always a pleasure to catch up on your creative endeavors.:)

    ReplyDelete