Sunday, November 18, 2018

Slow Stitching and Relaxing!

Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts reminds us today to add some slow stitches and to slow down take some deep breaths and relax.  I haven't been able to do that much lately.  I have been dealing with losing a pet that was very dear and he had been with me thru my quilting journey.  Not having him there at my feet under the hoop has been hard. But, I know I must move forward.  So instead of feeling sad, I am spending my time stitching remembering some of the great times and travels we had and the new friends we made.
I was able to sit out on the screened porch yesterday the weather was gorgeous and the natural light over my shoulder was so nice. It was great for stitching and warming my back and shoulders.



I am really liking the way this quilting design works well for working in a hoop.  I have done quite a few quilts with a crosshatch background which means several needles at once. This design is completed without moving the hoop and the parts of it are close enough together that I can move my needle thru the quilt to the next part.  Just what I need some relaxing stitching !!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. it is nice being able to stitch outside - my porch is so shading that I have no sun to shine down on me so I do not do that but it sounds so nice. Sorry about your loosing your dog having a faithful companion like that would make it hard I'm sure. I know you can't replace him but have you thought of getting a new pet to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we will replace him. Maybe in a few years I will feel different and we do want to do some traveling which is hard to do with pets when staying at hotels. I am so glad we screened our little porch in. It's nice in shady in the mornings but late in the afternoon the sun does come around. We have a large cow pasture behind our subdivision so flies can be an issue. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved pet; they are just like family. Such a gorgeous quilt, I enjoy watching it come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Each day gets a bit easier untill I see someone else with their dog! Isn't it wonderful to share our slow stitches!

      Delete
  3. How nice that the weather is good enough for sitting outside. I am sorry for your sorrow and loosing your old quilting friend. My little dog likes to curl up in a quilt when I'm working on it. Slow stitching is so relaxing. I have an old quilt on in my hoop right now. It started out as a pieced top that was started around 80 years ago by my sister-in-laws grandmother. Much of the fabric is old flour sack bits and pieces.
    Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The circle of life is hard sometimes but I have my memories. How exciting to have a top that is that old to be able to quilt. It must give you a lot to think about when you are quilting. I was telling my husband the other day when we were buying some bulk flour, sure wish they still had flour sacks. It would make trips to the grocery store a bit more special. Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. I still find it hard to quilt without my trusty Maxie cat sitting on part of the quilt in the hoop.
    So happy you got some beautiful fresh air to stitch in with the sun on your back. Your quilting is just beautiful. Maybe I'll bring mine out on the screened in porch this afternoon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah our furry friends are so special and leave a big hole when they are gone. Hope your able to enjoy some fresh air while stitching today. We have a cold front coming thru. But it's nice and cozy inside!

      Delete
  5. Simply lovely quilting you are doing; this will be beautiful hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending healing thoughts your way Carla for the loss and empty spot you are feeling... good for you for persevering... it is tough for sure though! I love your quilting on this quilt... you chose an excellent design and how fun that you got to be outside some too <3 We had snow ! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla, I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. That's going to be hard. Enjoy the sun. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Mr. Max. Sounds like you had many wonderful years of love and companionship with him. Your quilting is lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete