I knew I had some browns to use, but they are not the bright fun fabrics that have made up my other blocks. Then I pulled out the gray and black whites that I have used in all of the other blocks. " There is no way this is going to work!" But I decided at the beginning of the year I would stick to using fabrics from my scrap box or at least my stash. So I printed off my paper patterns and off I went to work making up the pieces that I would use to make the three pickle dish blocks that I need for this months challenge. Once I sewed them together, they started to grow on me. The real test will be how they will play with the others.
|Three brown pickle-dish blocks!|
|Brown Wonky Star|
|Ten wonky star blocks!|
I also put together a few nine patches this week. I wanted to try Barb's tutorial for the little nine patches that she and a group of bloggers are swapping! They are fun to make and I plan on adding to my collection. Hopefully, someday they will become quilt!
I am linking up with Angela and the rest of the RSC participants to see what others are doing with their brown, black and gray scraps.