Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Celebrating 20

I am doing a happy dance this afternoon as I finished block number 20 of Baltimore Garden.  I thought a picture of all twenty blocks would make a nice blog post, but after I laid them out I realized it is hard to get all twenty in one photo.  Standing on a chair I tried to take a shot and only got sixteen in the photo, oops!  Well, I never claimed to be a photographer.  So I did four sets of four and then finished off with two sets of twos.

Block #20
16 of 20

First set of four

Second set of four

Third set of four

Fourth set of four

First set of two

Second set of two

I need to apologize for the pics!  Some blocks need to be pressed and their threads every where, but there will be time for the fine tuning once I get them all done.  Still five more blocks and four borders to stitch so it will be sometime before it is completely finished, but it is good to take some time and smell the roses once in a while.

23 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful you sure do love these type of blocks don't you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess I do! I can't believe I have come this far in two summers. But there are many more stitches that need to be made.

      Delete
  2. Amazing! You do such lovely work. Congrats on 20 blocks done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are simply lovely, Carla. What an achievement...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose! They do take some time but the design is so lovely!

      Delete
  4. They are breathtaking all together like this! hope you are very proud of your achievement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda! I am definitely beside myself. So many stitches are needed to put these together, but they are a joy to make.

      Delete
  5. You do beautiful applique work! Thanks for sharing your yippee moment at realizing you are going downhill with getting these blocks done! And enjoying the ride it sounds like so win/win! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi! It is a wonderful feeling to be heading down hill! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. It is so hard for me to pick a favorite block. So much goodness! I have my book sitting out and some fabrics I think I would like to work with. One of these days, I will get a start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree every block works so well with the others. I wish I could travel back in time and meet the original maker.

      Delete
  7. Your 20 blocks are breathtakingly gorgeous! You are certainly my inspiration on applique ... I'd like to be as good as you some day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy you are too kind. Applique is all about one stitch at a time! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! The original designer sure did capture the beauty found in nature.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic - each and every one of the blocks is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the design of this quilt is just amazing. Thanks for stopping by Ellen.

      Delete
  10. Carla, it's a beauty just like the others. I'm jumping up and down for you. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your enthusiasm! Believe you me, I was really doing a happy dance. So much time is put into each block. My friend who is an expert appliquer says you easily put thirty hours into each block. I am thinking it is more than that for me, but they are well worth it as I enjoy it so much.

      Delete
  11. WOW!!!! Those are incredible. I have always loved the Baltimore quilts and yours is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete