Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coasting till my next project!

Well, another Sunday has arrived.  Slow stitching with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday's has become a habit. It seemed like forever, that I was posting the hand quilting progress on my Amish  Ice Cream Social.  It is now complete and if you missed the post you can see it here.

So today, I am working on some coasters for my mother in law.  I loved the way that Kathie over at Inspired by Antique Quilts made her log cabin blocks, and this project would be a great way to try her method.  I have them all stitched and  machine quilted.  Today I plan on finishing sewing on the bindings and hand stitching the binding down.  They are so cute I made a few extras  for myself.

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Congrats again on finishing a huge and gorgeous quilt! You need something small to catch your breath and regroup :)
    Such a neat little box you have there with a magnet to keep track of your needles and scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found it in a antique shop. The box is wood with dove tail joints and the lid slides open and it is perfect to keep my favorite treasures. My thimble, my aunt becky, a spool of thread, and some hand quilting needles.

      Delete
  2. Those coasters are very sweet. I love the log cabin block and should really make some of these for my mom for Mother's Day. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those red centers are awesome. I also want to try making the block with a black and white four patch in the center like I saw recently.

      Delete
  3. I have two leftover blocks on my design wall ... I was thinking coasters and yours are so cute, you may have convinced me it's a good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and go for it! I must say I am glad I like binding, and it was good practice.

      Delete
  4. good little things to work on today.

    ReplyDelete