Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Layered flowers

I am working on the final block of my Red and Green Traditional Quilt.  Fall is on its way, and I am really amazed that my goal has been met.  I know I talked about adding ruched flowers to the final block, but when I went to stitch one down, it just said "no" to me.  So, I went back to the idea of trying one of the layered flowers in the Book Baltimore Garden Quilt by Barbara Burnham.  I really really want to make this quilt and would love to start it next summer, but before I jump in with both feet, I think it is a good idea to try some of the more challenging parts of the quilt. So, this morning I tried a layered flower and the photos below are the results.
IMG_0889IMG_0888IMG_0890IMG_0891IMG_0893IMG_0894IMG_0895IMG_0897

No comments:

Post a Comment