Sunday, July 31, 2011

Never Again!


This is a minature quilt that I just finished today. It measures twenty inches by twenty inches. I got the pattern out of a book called Minature to Masterpiece by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. The blocks name is "Never Again" after making it I fully understand why. It took me about a month to make it. I had to build up courage to continue, so there were days I just put it on the bottom of my things to do list.
I learned a lot making it and with the amount of seams I didn't hand quilt it, but instead did a spiral circle out of the center using a decorative stitch on my machine. I'm not much of a machine quilter, just not very good at it, but on this piece I can say it was the easiest part of the project.
Hats off to Nancy, she seemed to have mastered this block. It is featured on the cover of the book as a completed full size quilt with nine different versions of this block, plus a pieced diamond border. As for me, love challenges but once is enough, too many other quilt patterns on my list, but I will enjoy looking at this piece as I add it to the collection on my sewing studio wall.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Carla!! you did great on fabric selection this is part of the challenge of the mini quilt.
    I have made this pattern before I have it from the Mini Quilt Mag then they compiled the book. I know how small those pesky pieces are and I think it very brave that you challenged yourself and then finished the challenge.
    I had a friend of mine quilt it by machine due to being not a machine quilter myself. She done wonderful feathers. Will this quilt be for you or are you in a swap??

    ReplyDelete