Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Combining two of my favorite things African violets and Quilting

IMG_1040
One of my favorite things to do is follow blogs about quilting.  Last week someone (sorry I can’t remember which blog) posted a picture of their african violet on top of a quilt.  That got me thinking about the window in my bathroom that has the perfect lighting for my african violets.
IMG_1037
IMG_1042
So I decided to use the color of the african violets to make a window sill runner to go under the pots and brighten the ledge a bit.  I decided to make easy little nine patches, and I always love blocks turned on point so why not.  Well it ended up taking quite a bit of time to draft it all and get it put together, but I really think the extra time was worth it!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm proud to have started you with the violets...they are fun to grow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie, I also gifted one to my sister, and she was very excited to have an african violet again.

      Delete
  2. I love your window sill quilt, Carla--it's so pretty, and the colors are perfect. Love the milk glass too--I love seeing people use the special family things they have inherited. I like to think of my dear ones sleeping under quilts I've made and wearing them out with use and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CLEVER YOU ARE ....I MIGHT TRY A WINDOW RUNNER LIKE YOURS for my one violet... TOO CLEVER, MOLLY

    ReplyDelete